Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A little about why I am doing this

About 2-1/2 years ago my allergist told me I may be allergic to milk.( My skin test was positive) I was in shock for 2 years along with BIG denial. I thought no way is this girl allergic to milk, but gee why was I getting sick all the time? Finally after missing yet another day of work last September I decided to go dairy free. I felt incredible! For the first time in my life I wasn't having to make mad dashes for the loo at my office or miss an outing because I wasn't feeling well. I felt free! Ok well, as free as a mother of 4 with a full time job can feel, right? I did this for a month. Then, oh boy, I decided to try lactose free milk and some cheese, because maybe I was just lactose intolerant,uh, nope. I was so sick for three days I kept a bag with me just in case, it was worse than any stomach sickness I have ever had. So at that point I finally decided to go dairy free. In this time, I discovered that I am allergic to the protein, whey. But I also discovered a whole new way of cooking, I enjoy food more and really enjoy sharing what I make with friends, family and co-workers. I am hoping that this blog will help you too. I believe it's important to share and that is my purpose here. So on my next day off, I am hoping I can post some recipes and ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment